2022 is over and now’s a good time to replicate on what went properly, what went mistaken, and what’s the plan going ahead.
I did this again in 2020 however missed 2021 (consistency isn’t my power).
What Went Effectively
Right here’s what went properly through the 12 months:
- I produced much less work however of a better high quality. I appear to be taking longer to complete my work. I believe one cause for that is that I’ve tightened up my method and given myself much less room for error. Another excuse is that have permits me to see so many extra choices to enhance the portray that I used to be naive to earlier than.
- We did household journeys to Kingfisher Bay and Noosa. These had been my favourite vacation areas after I was a toddler. It’s good to see Elora expertise the identical childhood joys. Hopefully, she is going to take pleasure in fishing as properly!
- I began portrait portray. It’s difficult, notably within the sense portraits are much less forgiving than landscapes. Folks can inform in the event you don’t get the nostril good otherwise you make the arms a contact too huge. However this makes it thrilling.
- We hung a lot of my work round the home. We additionally developed a great relationship with a neighborhood framer and had a number of work framed.
- New posts: 18. My favourite is Susan Goddard: Recommendation on Watercolors and the Artwork Life. The feedback on this spotlight simply how type and inspiring the artwork neighborhood is.
- New work: 21. Beneath are my favorites.
What Didn’t Go Effectively
- Hardly did any drawing. Time has been restricted and I’ve most popular brush and colour over pencil. However, if I need to preserve enhancing in portray, I must preserve drawing.
- It was the 12 months of sickness. I’ve by no means been so incessantly sick. I’ll chalk that as much as Elora’s first 12 months at daycare.
- Didn’t learn many new artwork books.
- Kobe nonetheless struggles with the steps.
My targets haven’t modified:
- Extra portray, drawing, and writing.
- Extra fishing.
- Preserve being a great dad and companion.
What went properly? What went mistaken? What’s subsequent? Be happy to share within the feedback.
Once more, thanks for every thing. It’s a pleasure to create artwork and share my findings with you.
Dan Scott With Chontele, Elora, and Kobe
Draw Paint Academy