1) Go on Offense ASAP (Whereas everybody else is slacking)
Originally of the yr, you’ve the chance to go on offense whereas most artists are procrastinating within the aftermath of the vacations. Whereas they repeat the essential mistake of ready to take motion, you may be off and working – getting a giant head begin.
We see it yearly, savvy artists & musicians enter January with a launch schedule, funds, and promotion plan dialed. In the meantime, their competitors spends January and February transferring at a snail’s tempo.
At Playlist Push, the artists that launch campaigns in January usually see a serious surge in traction as there’s merely much less competitors, whereas listeners are ravenous for brand spanking new music to start out their yr.
Should you really feel a bit unprepared, it’s all good, simply get transferring now. And in the event you will not have new music for some time, keep in mind the advantages of selling a earlier launch.
2) Plan out Your Yr and Set Your Targets
Break up the yr up into quarters. Q1-Q4. Set your quarterly objectives, preserve them practical however difficult, and push your self to stretch this yr.
Reply massive guiding questions (examples under):
The place do I need my music profession to be by finish of 2023?
- Have a full-time supervisor and reserving agent
- Enhance my streaming earnings by 3x
- Launch a brand new merch line
- Launch 15 new songs
How can I be on offense all-year lengthy?
- Launch new music each month
- Execute a advertising plan for every launch
- Prioritize time and headspace for writing/recording
- Leverage instruments & software program to automate and streamline
- Leverage my group, delegate (or construct a group)
Along with creating a top level view of your yr with a recording schedule and launch schedule, now’s the time to set timelines for profession objectives like getting a supervisor and reserving agent.
The secret is to chunk all the things down into smaller items and timelines which are actionable.
Objective and Motion Plan Instance
Objective: Signal with an skilled Artist Supervisor or Administration Group by finish of March 2023.
- Analysis potential managers/corporations and compile an inventory of candidates
- Ask different artists and business connects for suggestions, contacts, and introductions
- Put together 1-sheet and e mail outreach template with accomplishments, stats, and hyperlinks
- Execute outreach – full-court press (emails, calls, textual content, dm’s)
- Schedule as many related cellphone calls and in-person conferences as potential
- Decide prime candidates
- Do deep dive analysis of prime candidates
- Interact in 2nd and third spherical talks to completely vet prime candidates
- Decide particulars of the settlement, authorized evaluation of the settlement
- Launch a full-time or trial settlement
3) Streamline Your Social Media
Social media can simply devour an excessive amount of of your time and power as an artist and take you away out of your craft. It’s far too simple to let it turn into a black gap that finally ends up hurting your profession.
However let’s be actual, you want it, and when used effectively – and effectively it may possibly have a big impact.
The secret is to make your life simple and get days or even weeks forward of your posts. That is the way you keep away from social media stress and burnout.
You wish to keep away from losing a ton of time excited about social posts on the fly and utilizing your psychological bandwidth on arising with one thing new every time.
Tip #1: Decide your repeatable codecs and construct a schedule:
- Share tune snippets on IG posts/tales, TikTok within the weeks main as much as a launch
- Make movies of you within the studio – share the method
- Construct a set of high-quality images of you or your band by working with a photographer, then create a social media launch schedule of posts with quotes out of your lyrics
- Share posts that your followers tag you in on IG tales
- Share acoustic variations of your songs or covers
Tip #2: Prioritize what works and feels genuine:
In an ideal world, you would be crushing it on each social platform, however with out a group in place to handle this, it’s going to be exhausting to tug off with out burning out.
Should you’re managing your individual social media, deal with the channels the place you get probably the most engagement and the place really feel just like the medium matches your strengths. Doing what feels good, natural, and genuine goes to yield the best return.
There’s lots of strain for artists to be energetic on TikTok, and for good motive, however in the event you’ve tried it or determined it’s actually not for you, then skip it. As an alternative, promote your music on TikTok by way of different creators.
4) Put money into Actual Music Promotion
You may observe all the steps above, however you’ll be lacking out on the important thing ingredient to make your 2023 plan take off with out a promotion plan.
You gotta construct the fireplace with a powerful basis (steps 1-3) however then set it ablaze by pouring the gasoline on (advertising & promotion).
What are the perfect music promotion methods in 2023?
With out query, the reply continues to be Spotify Playlist Promotion and TikTok Music Promotion. This continues to be the place probably the most profitable artists, managers, and labels are centered.
Getting your music on high-quality related playlists stays the highest technique for constructing your streaming presence.
In the meantime, TikTok’s affect is rising stronger, persevering with to drive label offers for unbiased artists.
What makes Playlist Push Completely different?
We’re probably the most skilled firm in playlist promotion – working with over 20,000 artists since 2017.
In an business the place authenticity and belief are essential we place the best precedence on working solely with high-quality, natural playlists & creators with actual listeners & followers.
Our tech-forward strategy means that you can run extremely focused campaigns at scale, driving long-term outcomes.
Seeking to Promote your Music?
Use our TikTok Music Promotion and Spotify Playlists Promotion service.