Panasonic has introduced the brand new model 2.3 firmware for the Panasonic GH6 (buy here) Micro 4 Thirds mirrorless digital camera. Since its preliminary launch in February 2023, it’s seen a couple of updates. Final June, the corporate added ProRes RAW help with the Atomos Ninja V (buy here) and Ninja V+ (buy here).
Now, the brand new v2.3 firmware provides help for Blackmagic RAW utilizing the Blackmagic Video Help 12G (buy here). It additionally provides help for 4K UHD and C4K decision output at 120fps over HDMI. Oddly, nevertheless, it’s not accessible simply but.
GH6 Firmware Model 2.3
RAW Video Recording to Blackmagic Design exterior recorder
12-bit RAW video in [5.7K], [C4K], [Anamorphic (4:3) 5.8K], [Anamorphic (4:3) 4.4K] might be output to Blackmagic Design monitor/recorder ‘Blackmagic Video Help 12G HDR’ over HDMI to be saved as Blackmagic RAW.
- Please discuss with the Blackmagic Design web site for the knowledge on the corresponding firmware model of the Blackmagic Video Help 12G HDR.
- DaVinci Resolve or DaVinci Resolve Studio is required to play again and edit Blackmagic RAW knowledge.
- When the [Rec Quality] is about to five.7K/60p (50p) or C4K/120p (100p) and recording to a Blackmagic Design recorder, it is suggested to set the codec high quality on the recorder to the next:
- When recording to an SSD: fixed bitrate 5:1 or much less
- When recording to an SD card: fixed bitrate 8:1 or much less
Assist for 4K 120p/100p HDMI output
Both C4K 120p/100p or 4K 120p/100p video might be output to exterior gadget over HDMI.
Panasonic appears to have adopted its common sample of saying a firmware replace per week earlier than truly releasing it. I’m unsure why they’ve began doing this. It’s not like they should construct up hype for pre-orders or something.
Nonetheless, the firmware might be accessible to download from the Panasonic website from July eleventh.